The Baklava French Toast is simple to cook and really yummy to eat. The basic thing in preparing the Baklava French Toast is taking the mixture of the nuts that is present in Baklava and then sandwiching it amid the two slices of egg bread. I mostly make use of tsoureki, but one can also use challah or brioche in its replacement. The toast is laid in the egg or milk and then fried on the grilled dish. After that, the toast is crowned with a honey syrup mixture.
The Baklava French Toast is really very sweet and a yummy dish. So you will surely enjoy your meal.
• one cup crushed walnut halves
• 1/3 cup of honey
• 1/2 cup of water
• orange peel slice
• 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
• One cinnamon stick
• 1/3 cup of sugar
• 8 slices of challah, tsoureki, brioche or any other bread you prefer
• 1/8 tsp. cloves
• 3 eggs
• 2/3 cup of milk
• 3/4 tsp. of vanilla extract
Method of Making:
• Take a food processor and put walnuts, cinnamon, and cloves in it and then grind it.
• Take a small pan get the honey, water, sugar, orange peel slice and cinnamon stick to a boil. Boil till it gets thick and syrupy.
• Take a slice of bread and lay around ¼ of the mixture of nuts on it, and then top it with another slice of bread. Similarly proceed with other breads and mixture of nuts.
• Use the extra nut mixture as decorating and garnishing for serving.
• Fluff up the eggs, vanilla extract and milk in a baking dish or a bowl. Take 4 sandwiches and put it in the above mixture and then cautiously flick to soak on the other side.
• Take a pan and heat it, then grill it with butter and now add the French toast. Now remove the sandwiches from the custard and fry it till it gets a golden yellow color and the other side is browned and crispy.
Your Baklava French toast is ready for a delicious yummy dessert. Serve it with honey syrup and the crushed walnuts.