To serve for 4-6 people
Ingredients Required for Beet Baklava Recipe
• 1 tablespoon crude ground black pepper
• 5 pounds of organic beets
• 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
• 1 1/2 cups chopped macadamia nuts
• 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 1/2 medium red onion, sliced thin
• 1/4 cup avocado honey
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 1/4 cup avocado oil
• 2 tablespoons sea salt
• 1/2 pound butter, melted
• 2 cups balsamic vinegar
• 1 pack of deiced phyllo sheets
• 11 ounces of package of goat cheese
• 8 leaves fresh mint, chopped
Method of Making:
1. First of all, to a degree of 350 degrees, pre heat your oven.
2. Properly rinse the beets and after that put it in a baking pan filled half with water. Slightly spit ½ cup vegetable oil over beets, properly coating them. Wrap them up with a foil and cook in the oven for about 1½ to 2 hours till when a knife put in the core of a beet set out easily.
3. Leave them for cooling. And then peel it after that. Slice beets into average cube, fling with thin sliced red onion, red wine vinegar, avocado honey and oil, salt and pepper.
4. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon vegetable oil on macadamia nuts kept on a baking sheet. Crisp macadamia nuts in oven for about 6-7 minutes till it changes it color to light brown. Now take balsamic vinegar in a saucepan with brown sugar. Allow it lessen bit by bit on medium low till it becomes thick and sugary syrupy, for around 20 minutes.
5. Take a baking pan and rub its bottom with butter using a pastry brush.
6. Take half sheet of phyllo and place it on the bottom of the pan and slowly spread butter on it. Do the same for 8 half sheets. Take the beet mixture and lay half of it on top of the phyllo, with an even distribution.
7. Add 4 ounces of goat cheese and macadamia nuts on top of beet mixture. Also put a portion of leftover salt and pepper on top.
8. Take 6 half phyllo sheets and put it on the top of mixture along with putting little melted butter on the sheets.
9. Place rest of the mixture on top of the phyllo. Again add 4 ounces of goat cheese and macadamia nuts on top
10. Spray leftover of the salt and pepper on top. Add 8 more layers of phyllo dough on top as done earlier.
11. Cut Baklava into 4 squares or 6 rectangles with the aid of a sharp knife. In the oven bake it for 30-45 minutes till the color of the top portion becomes slightly brown and phyllo’s centre sheets get flaky types. Your Savory Beet Baklava dish is ready to eat now!!
How to Serve:
Put each piece of Baklava on a plate, sprinkling with a small amount of balsamic syrup. Garnish with goat cheese, macadamia nuts, mint and serve it.
Read Baklava Kosher Desserts Recipe and start making it easily at your home and serve it to your loved ones.